Pages

Monday, August 7, 2023

The best laid plans

The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry--I believe Mr. Robert Burns said it first, although in Old Scottish...and many others have said it since, including me, many times. Like the plan to walk every day or the intention to detail my meal prep ideas... the meal for today involved eggplant, but since I had leftover spaghetti for lunch, I can't have pasta, which is my favorite thing to have with eggplant. I also don't have any peppers or mushrooms, needed for the excellent Eggplant Scallopini. Or zucchini, which could make some variation on ratatouille, which I would then eat with rice instead of pasta. There is an eggplant curry I haven't made in a while, but it calls for peas and I don't think I have any in my freezer at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment