Pages

Monday, July 13, 2015

Monday morning at home

Yesterday was a day off...no Sunday market. Ray and I went to the service, but I didn't have any jobs I had to do there. I really enjoyed talking to people. There is a new person, Naomi, who I talked to before. She is studying at UGA, city planning and historic preservation. I am a little jealous. I love being a student and am so interested in those subjects, planning more than preservation. I'm not sure they had that major the last time I was in school. They have added an engineering program, too. So tempted! But I need to make money, not spend it, and UGA is expensive! Naomi's daughter is in school here, too. She is originally from New York; perhaps that is another reason I like her. I can't wait to introduce her to Janna. She had several friends there, also students from her program: Molly is tall, with crazy curly reddish hair, and there was a young couple. He is Scott, but I have forgotten her name.. They both graduated and are both employed! (jealous again)

We had lunch at the Grit with John and Deb and John Z. He had never been...We had to wait and the service was slow and it was REALLY LOUD...hard to have a conversation. The food was very good, though. I had a breakfast burrito (it was brunch)...and a mimosa. John Z and I discussed our idea for a solar-powered RV...his idea is for a trailer, with wings that open out to increase the solar exposure. I really want to make a list of which restaurants have the best acoustics! It's my own fault, they asked me where I wanted to go and I said they should pick. I feel like I am always the one who decides...but next time I will participate.

Then we spent the afternoon at home, with the wonderful air conditioning going. I made a salade nicoise and didn't do much else. Ray did some mowing, which makes the yard much nicer this morning. He let the chickens out..3 eggs. We ate our salad and some dessert (we have so many cakes and sweets to eat and try to be moderate!). I froze most of the things I had left after the market...one whole zucchini-cocoa loaf cake...several giant chocolate chip cookies. Lemon squares can't freeze and I kept some slices of the first cake. Also I froze most of the quiche squares, but kept some out. I will probably have that for lunch...need to get started on supper, because we can't cook between 2 and 7, to minimize our electricity use.

Sausage on the grill and sweet potato salad...too bad I don't have celery. broccoli, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment